IMSA Battle Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hosting PO via IMSA Network.

2 posters

Go down

Hosting PO via IMSA Network. Empty Hosting PO via IMSA Network.

Post  MrMe05 Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:31 pm

Hey guys, Tony here. Considering that Minecraft servers can be run through ISP/TCP port 443 (which is unlocked on airimsa due to being the default port for HTML documents [read: basically the whole internet]), I decided to try and run a Pokemon Online Server on airimsa via port 443.

Settings I used: (changed in the Options > Config Menu of the Server app):

Public/Private: Private (to make sure the server doesn't try to connect to the registry each time, allowing the server to run without needing to connect to the [unreachable] registry)

Port: 443

The Server should be running at the following IP address:
143.195.140.96:443

Type that address into the bar saying Advanced Connection, then click the button saying "Advanced Connection" and you should connect to my server (when it's running).

The thing is, I can't get it to run. I read some advice, and they told me to make my IP "static", but that requires tomfoolery with the Internet settings of airimsa, which I highly doubt the legality of.
MrMe05
MrMe05

Back to top Go down

Hosting PO via IMSA Network. Empty Re: Hosting PO via IMSA Network.

Post  Minimalist Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:03 pm

I've already tried hosting a PO network via airimsa with the help of my brother and my roommate. From my experience, it will not work, so instead, I'm working on my own version of a Pokemon battle simulator. It will take some time, but it's probably the only way that IMSA players will ever be able to battle each other.
Minimalist
Minimalist
Admin

https://imsapokemon.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum